Crossing through Melutopia

Monday, September 11, 2006

Musings

1) Do not sit down to watch Australian Idol with drunk Thao. He muses on concepts such as "Instead of using a microphone all contestants should have to hold a live rainbow trout and the real challenge would be to sing while maintaining your grip on the trout." Funny yes, but then the problem is you can't hear the contestants sing coz you're all so busy laughing and then you miss out on the fun of critiquing their abilities.

2) Me, Jarrod, Jords and Thao chilled out on the floor of the Northcote Social Club bandroom to watch a chick called Pikelet use a repeater to fuck around with instruments. The highlight of that act was Thao loudly whispering "Yes!" when she brought out the piano accordian because I quote "I love chicks with an accordian!" I enjoyed the main act of Ned Collette with his folk music as did Jords but Jarrod and Thao found t not to their culinary pleasing.

3) I've decided to go to the Symphony Orchestra next time a good one pops up that I can afford. I'm forcing Jarrod to come but Thao says he's up for it. Anyone keen? We can get all dressed up and pretend to be snooty!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 am, Blogger Thaozee said…

    Yes! I love piano accordian. I ranks up there with:

    Sense of humour
    Stunning looks
    Legs to perth
    Hair like stitching from the gods
    Eyes that dance like Frank Sinatra
    Voice like doves telling jokes

    Oh shit

     

Post a Comment

<< Home