Crossing through Melutopia

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Should we colour coordinate our friends?

I had a small Year 7 student approach me the other day:

"Ms. Bus, are you and Ms. H best friends coz you both have pink hair?"

I explained that Ms H and I were good friends but that that had nothing to do with our hair colour choices. We both just wanted (individually and completely separately) to have pink hair.

But I thought: What if we selected our friends based on our favourite colours? Those who enjoy aquamarine hues can bandy together and when out on the town it would be easy to find members of your group coz you would all be dressed in a uniform of such.

But what if you have more than one favourite colour? Do you become known as the colour whore who skips between groups? Or you don't have a favourite colour - do you become the scotty with no friends?

I was contemplating the idea of people only hanging out with the same hairstyles and then I realised as soon as a group of young, blonde, hair tizzed to the ceiling perfecting that "I spent hours making my hair look like I just got out of bed" look that we already have those groups!

Cheers, Mel

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home