Crossing through Melutopia

Friday, March 24, 2006

Fashion Assassins!

Last night Kate, Becc and I attended the 'Intensive Care Summer 06-07' Fashion Parade courtesy of adidas. What a night!

Thanks to Kate's being the finest rep adidas has ever had we got VIP tickets to attend this shindig. And wasn't it fun being VIP! As many of you know, Kate, Becc and I aren't the type you'd find at one of these but we went along in the interests of trying something different. We got free adidas lanyards (although I would have liked some free adidas shoes!) and then got to go upstairs to the VIP section where we were plyed with free alcohol all night! Mind you i'd already bought a drink downstairs and paid $8 for it!

The fashion range was for men, although the clothes were definitely for girly men! Ruffled lemon yellow shirts, shirts cut to show off men-pecs, see though jumpers, neckerchiefs...Neckerchiefs I hear you say - that's right, they looked like flight attendants for a distinctively gay airline! However the men were hot (and one had the greatest arse! - as Becc and I both noticed at the same time) The club was a cool place and we had a great time!

We stayed there until lights came up around midnight-1am and then I joined Becc in meeting up with Rob, Daniel and Lauren at Q and A at Barry's. I had been in there all of 2 seconds when some girl recognised me from Year 7. I had no idea who she was but have I changed that little?! It was a great end to the night barring the man I had never ever met before deciding to sit in my lap as his straight female friend was leaving and he needed a new one to keep an eye out for him! Needless to say he was odd and I didn't regret it when he left!

Hope you all had a great Thursday night as well!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 pm, Blogger Thaozee said…

    You should have worn a pirate costume. It's all the rage in Milan.

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger Thaozee said…

    I thought you might like these poems about the absurdity of the english language:

    When the English tongue we speak.
    Why is break not rhymed with freak?
    Will you tell me why it's true
    We say sew but likewise few?
    And the maker of the verse,
    Cannot rhyme his horse with worse?
    Beard is not the same as heard
    Cord is different from word.
    Cow is cow but low is low
    Shoe is never rhymed with foe.
    Think of hose, dose,and lose

    http://www.spellingsociety.org/news/media/poems.php

     

Post a Comment

<< Home