Crossing through Melutopia

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Stealth Maestro Buscema Shmoove

Note: the title is my pimp name as generated by the Pimp generator on the net! I also like Sugartastic Melanie Shizzle and Macktastic Melanie Squueze!

Work is bollocks atm. I still don't have my timetable for next year, I can't move my stuff to my new desk until Monday and I can't decorate my homeroom until the squabbling over homerooms is done! Grr. On the upside, I spray painted my filing cabinet black with bright green drawers - looks damn hot!

Friday afternoon I went to the rally in the city to protest against the Cronulla race riots. Organised via text messages on Thursday afternoon, about 1500 ppl (according to the media) turned up and we rallied through the streets yelling stuff like 'No racism, no war, this is what we're fighting for'. It was cool to see people from all walks of life there, including cute little 70 year old white couples :) Was good except it ended up at the Victorian Liberal Party Headquarters where they started to do speeches opposing the war in Iraq etc. Now while I am against the war, and I don't particularly like the Liberal Party, that wasn't why I attended so I bailed, like some others who I overheard saying "I came here to protest racism, not talk politics shit"

Saturday night Jarrod and I went to the Greenday concert at Telstra Dome. Fucking awesome gig. My Chemical Romance were turgid if you ask me, playing cliched punk pop, and Jimmy Eat World were good but not spectacular, but Greenday blew my mind. Being the last show on the worldwide tour, they opened the roof, had fireworks and pyrotechnics, and a double encore. A fucking great gig.

However Telstra Dome massively underestimated how many ppl they could fit in, and the Idiot Zone was like only one quarter full! How annoying to those of us who had to go General Admin!

And someone shake me if I consider going to an all ages gig in the near future. We had squealing 12 yr olds next to us screaming "I love you Billy Joe!" in the middle of songs, wearing glow sticks and having permanent marker on their arms saying stuff about how gorgeous Billy Joe is. Jarrod was all like 'Its probably their first ever gig, let them have their fun' but I couldn't resist sticking my elbow in the girls back every time she jumped up and down and landed on my feet. My reasoning is that I work with teenagers 5 days a week, I don't want them fucking up my weekends!

After the gig, Kateo, Jarrod and I went to the Supper Room, where they charge $8 a beer but make an awesome Virginia Ham and Gruyerre toasted sandwich! We watched a 50 year old woman and her 20 something year old toyboy footy player being all over each other, and trying to entice this other woman into a threesome. Hahahah

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home