Crossing through Melutopia

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A very filmy weekend

Film to go see - Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
This film, like all Burton masterpieces, is beautiful to look at. You just sit in awe of how visually stunning it is. It's funny too. Check it out.

Film to NOT go and see - Flightplan
I saw this on Friday night and left completely unsatisfied. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a scaredy cat. I hate suspense. When I finally got around to watching The Green Mile, I pestered my boyfriend to tell me if anyone was going to die, coz there was no way I could handle three hours of such worry! Thats how much of a wimp I am. So hear me clear when I say this is not scary, not suspenseful, and downright boring. The plot has more holes than anything you can think of that's holey, and while I liekd Jodie Foster in Panic Room, she just got on my nerves in this flick.

Another film to miss - Elizabethtown
To be more precise actually, skip the first half. The first half sucks, and Orlando Bloom not only demonstrates his complete lack of anything resembling acting ability, it is additionally painful to watch him fuck up an American accent. He drops bcak into his Pom voice, particularly when required to show emotion. I guess having to do an accent and be emotional at the same time is too much for his teeny tiny brain to register.
The second half picks up purely because Cameron Crowe knows how to pick a soundtrack. Soundtrack is cool, like in all Cameron Crowe films. You have to give Crowe points for playing the soundtrack over the top of Orlando Bloom speaking, as it is purely for this reason that the second half was so bearable!
Am hanging out for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But not only do I have to work on the release date, it is also my little sisters 18th birthday! Grr. And I just realised I am meant to be on Surf Camp that week, so i'll have to weasel out of it, which is annoying coz I was looking forward to getting paid to work on my tan!

Cheerios,
Melby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home