Crossing through Melutopia

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Weekend wonders

Saturday night - I went to my best friends work Christmas function at the Beachcomber Cafe in St. Kilda. Good fun. Particularly when it's free! Whitebait, I discovered, tastes just like fish, but you have to see and eat their little heads and tails. Odd. Would defintely like to go back there in summer.
The Espy afterwards was packed and I found it hysterical when my best friend declared that the Espy was pretty scungy. We figure we need to take her to the Tote or somewhere to show her what a scungy pub really looks like!

Sunday night - Went and saw Inside Deep Throat at Nova. It was pretty interesting, but overall just ordinary. It tried to focus on too many different aspects and just wasn't cohesive enough for my liking.

Monday night - Christmas party of my old work place. Lots of fun, nice sized tab on the bar, got pretty blind and had a great night with mates. Was a little worse for wear the next day, and the welfare counsellor actually came up to me and asked if everything was OK. She laughed when she found out it was just a hangover.

Tuesday night - Ben Lee gig at Ferntree Gully. Awesome gig. Good vibe, and who knew that he was actually pretty funny! Talking hand puppets, info about his rejection by the Hoff...lot so ffun. He walked out into the crowd during his final song (We're all in this together) which is pretty gutsy considering chicks there were swooning over him. He also played All for Believing by Missy Higgins which was pretty cool.

That's it until I have my sisters 18th bday bash tomorrow night, 4 birthdays and 2 house inspections on Saturday....

On another note, one of my students' poems has been published int this aus wide anthology..pride swelling...
Oh and that student I was moping about got to sit his exam. His parents agreed to sign his exit forms (ie remove him from school) so he could sit his maths and english exams. NOt the ideal outcome, but he got a B+ and I get to write a glowing commentary on his report :)

Cheerios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home