Crossing through Melutopia

Monday, April 24, 2006

Recent happenings in the world of Mel

As you all know I like to update you all on events that randomly happen in my life. Here are a few of my favourites

1) Holding a parent teacher interview with a mother who is both deaf and dumb (as in mute). I'm trying to speak clearly so she can lip read, but she has to look at her daughter anyway to sign what she wants to say back. Her daughter, whom I teach, is the laziest signer i've ever met. I would say "Rachel's a pleasure to have in the classroom" and she would sign to her mother "She loves me." Considering the context of too many teachers fiddling with kids I wanted her to translate properly so I don't have the mother thinking there are any improprieties happening!

2) Another parent teacher interview where a mum wanted me to organise her childs medication coz thats what his primary school teacher did. I had to politely say "Um i'm not his fucking mother so NO! I don't even see the kid every day!

Catch you all round soon,

Mel xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home